A few days ago, I received an email from YouTube listing the top videos of the year. Since I’m not a frequent Youtube viewer I didn’t know what to expect. To be completely honest, I had no idea why I had even received the email.
It must be some type of Google preference setting or something like that.
Although I don’t follow YouTube’s viral sensations, I was certain that something pertaining to Sharknado, Kardashian, or some version of the Harlem Shake would be on the list. I wasn’t that far off, but I wasn’t on point either.
Of the ten, I had only heard of three (2, 7 & 8) and I had only seen one (8) thanks to the Queen Latifah show. What about you?
1. The Fox (What Does the Fox Say?) – 288,608,063 views
2. Harlem Shake (Original Army Edition) – 96,506,623 views
3. How Animals Eat Their Food – 90,613,819 views
4. Miley Cyrus – Wrecking Ball (Chatroulette Version) – 83,841,904 views
5. Baby & Me/The New Evian Film – 68,227,544 views
6. Volvo Trucks – The Epic Split (feat. Jean-Claude Van Damme) – 60,806,841 views
7. YOLO (feat. Adam Levine & Kendrick Lamar) – 54,121,916 views
8. Telekinetic Coffee Shop Surprise (Carrie 2013) – 51,338,025 views
9. The NFL: A Bad Lip Reading – 44,946,627 views
10. Mozart vs. Skrillex (Epic Rap Battles of History) – 42,869,717 views
To date, the top 10 trending YouTube videos have a combined total of over 800 million views. I guess even if we weren’t entertained, it’s obvious that some of us just like to watch.
I’m Just Sayin’…(Damn!)