I enjoy looking back to see which of my blog posts received the most pageviews. Now that I think about it, older posts may have an advantage. Sponsored posts probably have better keyword search ability, and I’m pretty sure I may have promoted other posts more efficiently on Google+, Facebook and Twitter.
I joined Facebook in May.
It’s possible that I even lost readers when I moved from Blogger to WordPress. With that being said, the WHY behind my top 10 blog posts according to Google Analytics is not an exact science and I’m trying not to overthink it.
So based on the number of pageviews, I present my Top 10 Blog Posts of 2013.
- It’s So Pretty – The Card.com Visa Prepaid Debit Card – A sponsored post. I received a customizable prepaid debit card loaded with a few dollars for review. I selected the Breast Cancer Awareness card. There were a few hiccups, but it’s all good.
- Spider-Man, G-Shock, Walmart & Me – I’ve had a love-hate relationship with Walmart for years. I have no idea why I allow myself to get sucked back in. Oh yeah…now I remember, I like a good deal!
- 10 Reasons Why I Love My Blackberry – Despite all their troubles, I do love Blackberry, but I’ve been stepping out with a Samsung Galaxy for the last couple of years. I will get the Blackberry Q10. I’m coming home.
- Review – Total Nutrition by Immortal Herbs – Another sponsored post. I had the opportunity to review Total Nutrition an easy-prep supplement rich in antioxidants containing a diverse blend of superfood ingredients. However, my sample size was too small for me to realize any true benefit.
- Life After Resignation – I resigned from my job as a financial analyst in 2012. Since then, I’ve had to learn to live within a budget, shop sales, clip coupons and eat leftovers. I’ve always been tight, but this is better.
- College Is a Complete Waste of Time – How does one convince an artist, such as my son, that a college degree is just as important and maybe even more important than a portfolio? You don’t. He’s now a professional freelance artist. Keep the commissions coming!
- Smile Wider With Invisalign – My first sponsored post! My first paid post! My first blogging conference! Why it only ranked #7 I have no idea!
- Black Women, Natural Hair: Trend or Movement – It’s hard to believe that something as simple as hair is a hot topic. Yet, here we are. As a black woman, I never debated whether I should or should not. I never thought that some folks might consider my natural hair a trend or a movement. It’s not that serious!
- Walmart, Safecrackers & Me – How hard can it be to pick up a foxing Casio G-Shock watch that I’ve already paid for? The motherfoxing saga continues!
- To Xfinity and Beyond! An Open Letter to Comcast – What can I say? We fight. We breakup. You over promise. We makeup. Our relationship isn’t perfect, but it’s better or perhaps I just stopped caring.
Are you as shocked as I am? Did any of your favorites make the top 10?
Have you read any of the top 10?
WERE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED?
I’m Just Sayin’..(Damn!)