My love affair with Blackberry began over 4 years ago. I remember the first time we met as if it was yesterday.
My phone plan was up for renewal and I told my husband that all I needed was a basic phone. I did not want or need a smartphone.
“As long as it makes phone calls, I don’t care what it does…” I recall saying. Famous last words.
I had no idea how attached I would become or how sad I would be if we ever parted ways.
For years, my Blackberry and I were inseparable.
Just me & my Curve.
The Bold 9000 & I.
My Bold 9700 & Me.
The ultimate friend.
Me, Myself, & Blackberry, and just like that it was gone.
Sure, we had our difficulties, but we worked through them. Like the time I lost Curve in a fire, the next day; I bought Bold 9000, but this was different. I cheated. I didn’t really have eyes for another, but I strayed, nonetheless. I regret it every day. Now I’m in a 2 year dysfunctional relationship with an Android named Samsung Galaxy SII and all I can think about are the reasons why I love my Blackberry.
- The Keyboard – who doesn’t love that freaking keyboard? It is awesomely perfect; designed in a way that your fingertips memorize every position or maybe the keyboard simply memorizes your fingertips. I don’t know. It’s insane.
- The Trackball/Trackpad – either or, it doesn’t matter. It’s comforting – like petting a dog.
- Battery Life – I swear I could go a week off a completely charged battery that’s after surfing the web, listening to music, texting and making several phone calls; and still have enough life to snap a photo. Android barely lasts 8 hours.
- The AC Adapter is the perfect length, plus it charges the phone super-fast. My new AC Adapter USB cable combo is about 20 to 24 inches long, unless you always plan to charge your phone on the kitchen counter or the floor it’s absolutely too short.
- Blackberry Messenger allows you to send “text” messages to fellow Blackberry users for free. What’s not to love about Free?
- The Network – when Blackberry users across the world are not receiving emails, phone calls or text messages its freaking news. You don’t have to wonder if it’s down. You know. The world knows.
- OTA software updates – easy peasy. No syncing to a “cloud” to download and update the latest firmware only to have your phone lockup and lose all your data.
- Crackberry. Need I say more? I still visit the site.
- Customizable themes. You can make your Blackberry look anyway you want it. You’re limited by only your ability and imagination.
- The ability to delete preloaded apps – this just makes sense. It’s your phone if you choose not to use an app and you don’t want it on your phone you should be able to remove it – plain and simple.
There are so many reasons why I love Blackberry and if given the chance I’m going Black. I mean back. The grass isn’t always Android greener on the other side.
I’m Just Sayin’…(Damn!)
You might also like:
Why Would I Have a Pen?